Building Bridges to Boorowa
- Category: Adventure Conservation
- Created: Wednesday, 27 February 2013 17:03
- Published: Wednesday, 27 February 2013 17:03
- Written by Webmaster
- Hits: 2966
Building Bridges to Boorowa is a fantastic environmental restoration project initiated over a decade ago by a Bushcare volunteer from North Sydney Council. We work with the Boorowa Community Landcare Group to plant habitat corridors on rural properties in the Boorowa district to help enhance the local environment and create a seasonal home for the endangered Superb Parrot. Check out our gallery to see what we've been up to over the years.
Details in summary
- Free bus departs North Sydney at 7 am on Friday the 7th of September, arriving in Boorowa at 11.30 am. We return to North Sydney on Sunday 9 September at 3 pm
- Friday afternoon & all day Saturday our group plants trees on local properties.
- Saturday evening we enjoy a hearty BBQ & bonfire dinner courtesy of our hosts, the Boorowa Community Landcare Group
- Sunday morning is free time for soaking up the country atmosphere of Boorowa
- Discounted share accommodation is available in the local pubs (~$35/night incl. b'fast)
- A thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding weekend that makes a huge contribution to sustaining agriculture, the natural environment and the people who care for these resources!
For further information or to make a booking, please contact Andrew Scott on 9936 8258